They were very helpful
Training Needs Assessment Exercise
Instructions: Read the Grand View Grocers Corporation case.
Grand View Grocers Corporation, headquartered in Clewiston, Florida, is among the nation’s top grocery chain companies, with over $34 billion in revenue. It operates and owns approximately 1,500 grocery stores in 10 states and will be expanding operatons to Washington, D.C. in the near future.
Grand View Grocer’s Corporation’s operating strategy distinguishes it from other grocery chain companies. Each grocery store has a Training and Development Methods manager that allows decisions to be made locally, close to the client. This also makes Grand View Grocer Corporation’s service more responsive, reliable, and empathetic to its customers.
Recently, Grand View Grocers Corporation has identified a that there is an increase in the annual turnover rate for cashiers nationwide. The increase was found in newly hired cashiers, so it was determined that on-the-job training was ineffective.
Under the direction of the store manager, cashiers perform a variety of tasks, including:
· Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
· Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
· Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
· Greet customers entering establishments.
· Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas.
· Establish or identify prices of goods, services or admission, and tabulate bills using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners.
· Issue cashier’s checks, money orders, mailing stamps, and redeem food stamps and coupons.
· Resolve customer complaints.
· Answer customers’ questions, and provide information on procedures or policies.
· Cash checks for customers.
· Weigh items sold by weight in order to determine prices.
· Calculate total payments received during a time period, and reconcile this with total sales.
· Compute and record totals of transactions.
· Sell lotto tickets and other items to customers.
· Keep periodic balance sheets of amounts and numbers of transactions.
· Bag, box, wrap, or gift-wrap merchandise, when needed.
· Sort, count, and wrap currency and coins.
· Process returns and exchanges.
· Request information or assistance using paging systems.
· Stock shelves, and mark prices on shelves and items, when needed.
· Compile and maintain non-monetary reports and records.
Essential cashier functions include the following:
Describe in 350- to 525- words the training method or combination of training methods that you would recommend for training.
Justify in 350- to 525- words your choice of method(s).
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more