They were very helpful
1. Jeremy was very interested in reading and analyzing the process data collected through the training
evaluation. Jeremy is most likely
A. the trainer.
B. a trainee.
C. a trainee’s supervisor.
D. a member of upper management.
2. Which of the following scenarios illustrates quid pro quo sexual harassment?
A. A supervisor who demands sexual favors from an employee in return for giving that employee a promotion
B. An employee who posts lewd posters and jokes on her office door
C. A supervisor who puts his arm around the waist of a female employee as they walk down the hall
D. An employee who continually calls her supervisor at home to discuss work-related issues
3. The Barrows Company wants to teach all of its managers about the skills required to be effective team
leaders. Of the following choices, the most effective training implementation method would be to use a/an
B. on-the-job trainer.
C. pilot program.
D. consultant or seminar.
4. Doug is highly regarded by his employees because he lets them go home early when necessary, and he
always fights to get them the highest raises in the company. The style of management that Doug exhibits is
the _______ style.
5. Training reaction questionnaires typically assess
A. trainees’ attitudes and perceptions about the training.
B. management’s reaction to the effectiveness of the training.
C. compilation knowledge.
D. procedural knowledge.
6. The _______ should be the first to identify the target population, the overall training objective, and the
initial configuration of the training space.
A. effectiveness summary
C. instructional strategy
D. case analysis
7. What is the purpose of the lecturette in the experiential learning model of training?
A. To provide information related to the topic at hand
B. To provide a chance for trainees to raise questions about the training
C. To provide an opportunity for generalization
D. To provide a common experience for all trainees
8. Susan has to decide which of her employees can go on vacation during certain times of the year. Which
of the following decision roles of a manager is Susan using?
C. Resource allocator
D. Disturbance handler
9. A _______ is an important piece of information that a trainee must acquire to accomplish the learning
A. training point
B. strategic point
C. learning point
D. key point
10. Seymour is attending business courses at the local university as part of his training, which will
eventually land him in his company’s CEO position. This type of training is an example of
A. executive/management education programs.
B. action learning.
11. Which of the following points would likely be considered during a process analysis of training delivery?
A. The evaluation system designed to measure the accomplishment of objectives
B. Identification of knowledge and skill deficiencies
C. Steps included in the training to facilitate recall and transfer
D. The effectiveness of lecture portions
12. Doreen’s greatest strength as a manager is her ability to forecast sales and make budgets up to a year in advance. This strength exemplifies her
A. personal traits.
B. interpersonal knowledge and skills.
C. conceptual knowledge and skills.
D. technical knowledge and skills.
13. The Quasar Corporation realized a savings of over $100,000 after they sent their quality control
employees to a total quality management seminar. This savings is an example of
A. behavior outcomes.
B. reaction outcomes.
C. organizational results.
D. learning outcomes.
14. Which of the following skills are typically required of lower-level managers?
A. Decisional and conceptual
B. Interpersonal and technical
C. Leadership and decisional
D. Conceptual and technical
15. After employees at a tool-and-die company completed a skills training program, the percentage of scrap
produced decreased by 50 percent. This type of outcome data is referred to as a/an
A. job behavior outcome.
B. reaction outcome.
C. learning outcome.
D. organizational result.
16. The invisible barrier that prevents minorities and women from moving up the corporate ladder is called
A. developmental conundrum.
B. equity differential.
C. downward spiral.
D. glass ceiling.
17. Why is it a good idea to use a manager as a trainer?
A. Managers won’t give preferential treatment to their own employees.
B. Managers have excellent training skills.
C. Managers know how the content directly applies to the trainees.
D. Managers are willing to train new employees.
18. Which of the following is an example of a manager who has a high nPow?
A. A manager who lets her employees take advantage of her good nature and becomes very unproductive
B. A manager who works hard because she eventually wants to be president of the company
C. A manager who insists on working on projects independently of the other managers
D. A manager who always asks for performance feedback from his employees
End of exam
19. Which method directly examines the value of overall improvement in the performance of trained
A. Cost savings
B. Cost effectiveness evaluation
C. Cost/benefit evaluation
D. Utility analysis
20. Jacob is the vice president of operations for Adatech, Inc. For the last two years, he has been going
through training that will prepare him to take over the company president’s position because the president is planning to retire. This type of training is an example of
A. succession planning.
B. job rotation.
C. team building.
D. special job assignments.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more