They were very helpful
Go to: http://www.worksafebc.com/insurance/premiums/rate_setting/default.asp#
Click on: Insurance
Click on: Premiums
Click on: 2014 rates
Click on: Browse by Industry Sector
Choose an industry
Click on: the subsector
Click on premium FAQs
a) Identify the industry/business where you expect to pursue your future career (or choose one of interest).
b) With reference to the above website determine what Workers Compensation Premiums will apply, (make assumptions about employee numbers & payroll)
c) What benefits are available for employers who demonstrate safe working conditions and industries with low accident and incident statistics.
The 10 Most Dangerous Jobs
Occupations with highest fatality rates per 100,000 workers (US Bureau of Labor)
1&2.Loggers & Pilots (92.4) 7. Roofers (34.9)
3. Fishermen (86.4) 8. Power Line Installers/Repairers (30)
4. Steel Workers (47.3) 9. Truckers/Driver/SalesWorkers(e.g.pizza delivery) (27.6)
5. Garbage Collectors (43.2) 10.Taxi Drivers/Chauffeurs (24.2)
6. Farmers (37.5)
Provide your comments on DB for the following:
1. If some jobs are inherently more dangerous, is it fair for WCB premiums to be much higher for these industries? Doesn’t this penalize companies who either cannot reduce the hazards, or could better use the money to supply workers with better equipment and training?
2. If I employ building inspectors that spend only 20% of their time on the building site (maybe only 1% on roofs) and 80% in the office, why should I pay the higher premium that applies to construction sites?
MUST USE THE FOLLOWING PRINCIPLES:
•Form of insurance governed by an act of Parliament to help workers injured on the job to return to work
•Ensures injured worker receives:
oFirst aid treatment
oBenefits while at home recuperating
oProper treatment for any injuries
Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) in Ontario
• Prevention function added to compensation functions
• Compulsory and collective liability system of compensation
• Under collective liability, various industries are classified according to size and end product, and each employer is assessed a rate that is a percentage of its payroll
• Compensate for certain specified occupational diseases
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more